Ride sharing companies such as Uber and Lyft are the new trend in transportation especially in getting around big cities such as Los Angeles and San Francisco. The more our society progresses with technology the more possibilities there are to develop advances in many areas including necessities such as transportation. Uber and Lyft are now encountering lawsuits that have been filed against them for accidents involving their drivers. Uber and Lyft have attempted to shield themselves from these lawsuits by claiming that the drivers are independent contractors and they attempt to distinguish their type of business as different from a transportation service such as a taxicab company. It can be expected that Uber and Lyft and their insurance companies will not accept responsibility if you were injured in one of their driver’s vehicles.
If you were involved in an accident while in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Contact law enforcement and have them prepare a report the accident;
2. Get the insurance information for everyone involved in the accident
3. Create a list of everyone identified at the scene of the accident;
4. Collect the contact information of any potential witnesses;
5. Save any photographs that you took at the scene of the accident;
6. Take photographs of your injuries;
7. Go back to the location of the accident and take additional photographs of the surroundings; and
8. Do not agree to a recorded statement with an insurance company until you have consulted with your attorney. Do not sign any waivers and do not admit fault.
The following are common injuries that can occur as a result of an accident such as this: Head injuries, spinal cord injury such as disc herniation and/or whiplash, knee injury including torn ligaments and fractured patellas, hand and wrist injuries, shoulder injuries including torn rotator cuff, broken ribs and facial injuries. These injuries are serious and often require extensive medical treatment.
Moaddel Kremer will evaluate your injuries and work directly with the insurance companies to fight for the compensation you are entitled to. These companies employ hundreds of employees who know the law to significantly reduce or eliminate the value of your claim. Our accident lawyers are fully familiar with the process of getting the maximum compensation for your case.
Our team of experienced attorneys and staff are prepared to guide you through the legal process and are waiting to hear from you. Call the attorneys at Moaddel Kremer for a free consultation today at +1 (844)-662-3335.
We make it painless.
Because you’ve already experienced enough pain. We’re the antidote to all of that: smart, efficient and dedicated to ensuring you get what you deserve.
What’s the problem?
All we need from you right now is a basic idea of the situation you or your loved one is currently in.
Then when it comes time to get a few more details, we’ll set up a free consultation. You won’t pay anything unless we win.
So let’s get started.