Many people believe driving a motorcycle is inherently dangerous and motorcycle drivers should be blamed for any accident they are involved in. That is not the law. Motorcyclists have a right to use the road in a safe manner just like the driver of any other motor vehicle.
The lawyers at Moaddel Kremer are experienced and knowledgeable regarding the law that applies to motorcycle accidents. There are misconceptions about what motorcyclists are not allowed to do. For example, many motorcycle accidents result from lane-splitting, but contrary to popular belief, lane-splitting is expressly permitted in the State of California.
If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Create a list of everyone identified at the scene of the accident;
2. Collect the contact information of any potential witnesses;
3. Save any photographs that you took at the scene of the accident;
4. Take photographs of your injuries;
5. Go back to the location of the accident and take additional photographs of the surroundings; and
6. Do not agree to a recorded statement with an insurance company until you have consulted with your attorney.
Motorcycles do not offer the same protection that you get from riding in a car. Even a minor impact can result in severe injuries to a motorcyclist. Following a motorcyle accident, you should seek immediate medical attention in order to assess your physical condition and document your injuries, whether you go to the emergency room, urgent care or primary care doctor.
You can be sure the other driver will have an insurance company that will try to minimize your injuries and blame the fact that you were driving a motorcycle for the accident. You should be protected and know your rights.
We make it painless.
Because you’ve already experienced enough pain. We’re the antidote to all of that: smart, efficient and dedicated to ensuring you get what you deserve.
What’s the problem?
All we need from you right now is a basic idea of the situation you or your loved one is currently in.
Then when it comes time to get a few more details, we’ll set up a free consultation. You won’t pay anything unless we win.
So let’s get started.